Peer-Run Respites: Effective Alternatives to Hospitals
A SAMHSA sponsored webinar presented by National Coalition for Mental Health Recovery will take place Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 2:00pm Eastern Time called “Peer-Run Respites: Effective Alternatives to Hospitals”.
(Please either right click on the link or copy and paste the link into a new tab.)
Description: Leaders of Peer-run Respites from around the country will provide an overview of Peer-run Respites and how they voluntarily engage people and offer a continuity of care which is often unavailable with traditional care and hospitalization. Success stories will be shared, along with reports from the latest research on Peer-run Respite effectiveness.
- Steve Miccio – Executive Director, Projects to Empower and Organize the Psychiatrically Labeled, Inc. (PEOPLe, Inc.)
- Bevin Croft, M.A., M.P.P., Human Services Research Institute
- Laysha Ostrow, Ph.D., M.P.P. – Live & Learn, Inc.
- Daniel B. Fisher, MD, Ph.D. – Chief Executive Officer, National Empowerment Center, Inc.
- Jayme Lynch – Director of First Peer Support and Wellness Center in Decatur, GA
- Camille Dennis – Program Coordinator, SHARE! (the Self-Help and Recovery Exchange)
- Val Neff - Certified Peer Specialist and House Manager, Iris Place Peer Run Respite/NAMI Fox Valley
- Roslind Hayes – Statewide Coordinator of the Peer Support, Wellness and Respite Centers (PSWRC)
- Oryx Cohen
When in the seminar room, the Adobe Connect Log-in screen appears, select "Enter as a Guest," enter the name and state of the participant in the "Name" field (Ex. Jane Doe-AK) and click on "Enter Room." For attendees, this is a “listen only” webinar. Should they need to dial in, the instructions are on the note pad in the seminar room.
If you dial in, please ensure that your computer speakers are turned off so that there is no audio feedback.
Note: If you are only able to join the audio portion, then you will not be able to see the webinar presentation.
We highly recommend that you test your connection to Adobe Connect in advance of the webinar to ensure access. You may need to work with your state’s IT Department to resolve any firewall issues. To test your connection, please go to: http://nasmhpd.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm. You may be prompted to install ActiveX control, Adobe Flash Player, and Adobe Connect add-ins. If you encounter any difficulty testing your connection or logging into the webinar, please contact Technical Support by calling 1-800-459-5680.
If you are having an issue logging into the web, you can also join by phone first, press *0 and get a private operator help to get you onto the web. If you have an issue any time during the call, you can press *0 for immediate help.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 703-682-5187.