Peer-Run Respites: Effective Alternatives to Hospitals
Leaders of Peer-run Respites from around the country will provide an overview of Peer-run Respites and how they voluntarily engage people and offer a continuity of care which is often unavailable with traditional care and hospitalization. Success stories will be shared, along with reports from the latest research on Peer-run Respite effectiveness.
· Daniel B. Fisher, MD, Ph.D. – Chief Executive Officer, National Empowerment Center, Inc.
· Bevin Croft, M.A., M.P.P., Human Services Research Institute
· Laysha Ostrow, Ph.D., M.P.P. – Live & Learn, Inc.
· Val Neff, CPS - Certified Peer Specialist and works with NAMI Fox Valley as the House Manager at Iris Place Peer Run Respite
· Camille Dennis – Program Coordinator, SHARE! (the Self-Help and Recovery Exchange)
· Jayme Lynch – Director of First Peer Support and Wellness Center in Decatur, GA
· Roslind Hayes – Statewide Coordinator of the Peer Support, Wellness and Respite Centers (PSWRC)
· Steve Miccio – Executive Director, Projects to Empower and Organize the Psychiatrically Labeled, Inc. (PEOPLe, Inc.)
· Oryx Cohen - the Chief Operating Officer and Technical Assistance Center Director for the National Empowerment Center in Lawrence, Massachusetts.