NASMHPD Annual 2019 Meeting and IIMHL/IIDL 2019 Leadership Exchange Network Meeting
The NASMHPD Annual Meeting and the IIMHL/IIDL Leadership Exchange Network Meeting will take place from the evening of Wednesday, September 11 - Saturday, September 14, 2019 in Washington, D.C. All Commissioners/Directors and NASMHPD Division Representatives are invited to attend. For more information on the meeting, including how to register, please click on this link here.
NASMHPD Overview - Coming Soon!
Participant List - Coming Soon!
Presenter List - Coming Soon!
Exhibitor/Sponsor List - Coming Soon!
Commissioner Roster - Coming Soon!
Publications of Interest
Thursday, September 12, 2019
Best Practices in School Mental Health for At-Risk Youth and Paths to Treatment
- Sharon Hoover, Ph.D., Co-Director, Center for School Mental Health, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland
Crisis Now: The Human and Business Case for Building a Comprehensive Crisis Services System
- John Draper, Ph.D., Executive Director, National Suicide Prevention Lifeline and Executive Vice President of National Networks. Vibrant Emotional Health, New York, New York
- David Covington, CEO and President, RI International, Phoenix, Arizona
Treatment Interventions to Enhance the Treatment of Suicide in Acute Care Inpatient Psychiatric Hospitals and Residential Crisis Programs
- Margie Balfour, M.D., Ph.D., Chief of Quality & Clinical Innovation, Connections Health Solutions, Tucson, Arizona
Cognitive Recovery Therapy (CT-R): Long Lengths of Stay to Thriving in the Community
- Paul M. Grant, Ph.D., Aaron T. Beck Center, Perlman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania
The Use of Clozapine for Thriving in the Community
- Alexander Young, M.D., M.S.H.S., SMI Adviser Physician Expert, SMI Adviser Clozapine Center of Excellence
Friday, September 13, 2019
Beyond the Borders: Lessons from the International Community to Improve Mental Health Outcomes
- Debra A. Pinals, M.D., Medical Director of Behavioral Health and Forensic Programs, Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, State of Michigan
Head Trauma in Youth and the Link with Serious Mental Illness and Substance Use Disorders
- John Corrigan, Ph.D., Professor, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Ohio State University; Director of the Ohio Valley Center for Brain Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation, Columbus, Ohio
Addressing Intersecting Social and Mental Health Needs among Transition-Aged Homeless Youth
- Niranjan S. Karnik, M.D., Ph.D., The Cynthia Oudejans Harris, MD, Professor of Psychiatry, Associate Dean for Community Behavioral Health, Rush Medical College; Vice Chair for Innovation, Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois
Integrated Systems and Services for People with Co-Occuring Mental Health and Substance Use Conditions: What's Known, What's New, and What's Now?
- Kenneth Minkoff, M.D., Psychiatrist, Zia Partners; Clinical Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School
Crisis Systems from a Public Health Perspective, for All Payers
- Jennifer Black, Beacon Health Options
Older Adult Focus: Effects of CMS' Measure of Antipsychotic Prescribing Practices for Nursing Facilities
- Jessica Ogarek, M.S., Biostatistician, Center for Gerontology and Healthcare Research, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island
- Emily Gadbois, Ph.D., Investigator in Health Services, Policy and Practice, School of Public Health, Center for Gerontology and Healthcare Research, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island
Workforce and Serious Mental Illness and Substance Use Disorders
- Tim Knettler, M.B.A., C.A.E., Executive Director/CEO, NASMHPD Research Institute (NRI), Falls Church, Virginia
Saturday, September 14
National Mental Health Technology Transfer Centers: National American Indian and Alaska Native ATTC, MHTTC & PTTC; National Hispanic and Latino MHTTC; and the MHTTC Network Coordinating Office
- Heather J. Gotham, Ph.D., Director, Mental Health Technology Transfer Center (MHTTC) Network Coordinating Office (NCO), Stanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, California
- Ibis S. Carrión González, Psy.D., Director, Institute of Research, Education and Services in Addiction (IRESA), Universidad Central del Caribe, Bayamon, Puerto Rico
- Anne Helene Skinstad, Psy.D., Ph.D., Clinical Professor, Department of Community and Behavioral Health; Program Director, National American Indian and Alaska Native Addiction Technology Transfer Center; Program Director, National American Indian and Alaska Native Mental Health Technology Transfer Center; Program Director, National American Indian and Alaska Native Prevention Technology Transfer
Reducing Tobacco Use
- Robert W. Glover, Ph.D., NASMHPD Lead on Tobacco Cessation
- Cliff Douglas, J.D., Vice President, Tobacco Control, American Cancer Society, Inc., Atlanta, Georgia
- Heath Hayes, Director of Peer Programming and Integration, Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Data, Technology, and Analytics
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Matthew Taylor, Director of Network Development, National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, New York, New York
Supported Employment Demonstration
First Episode Psychosis
El Paso, Texas Tragedy: Lessons Learned in Disaster Behavioral Health Preparedness
- Sonja Gaines, Deputy Executive Commissioner, Intellectual and Developmental Disability and Behavioral Health Services, Health and Human Services Commission, State of Texas