Since 2004, the NASMHPD's Housing Division, formerly known as the Housing Task Force, has been comprised of State Mental Health Authorities (SMHA) Housing Directors from across the country who are dedicated to addressing supportive housing, homelessness, and housing funding challenges. As a housing division within NASMHPD, we offer our members the opportunity to meet on a more frequent basis to discuss and exchange promising methods and practices, as well as use the collective to help with challenges and queries.
The division's objectives are as follows:
- Contributes to NASMHPD policy, advocacy, and technical assistance.
- Assists states in better leveraging and blending funding sources in order to sustain and grow their ability to provide better housing services and opportunities to the communities we serve.
- Promotes State-to-State Cooperation
- Encourages federal and state collaboration
- Provides states with updates on federal appropriations and regulatory issues.
- Advocates for promising and evidence-based practices, as well as the use of creative language
Please contact the housing division at housingdivision[at]nasmhpd.org with questions or for additional information.